mercoledì 10 dicembre 2008

Topic 1

I watch movies very often,about 4-5 movies at week.
Films about lawyers I saw are: "In the name of the father",in which we can see the problems of law system in GreatBritain; "Devil's advocate" suggestive movie between reality and religious aspects;and often the tv series: "Ally McBeal".
When I watch a film in english I never put subtitles,I don't like them because they divert my attention from the nuances of the image(like grimances,looks or else).
Although that, I think that they could be useful to understand the key words of dialogues,and also can make understand better the meaning of the sentences.
Maybe an accent that I find a bit harder to undestand is the "pure" english one,that it's a bit different from the american english pronounciation.
I certanly can use films to improve my english,maybe watching the same movie twice or more,learning eveytime some new words,expressions,pronuncation.Or maybe watching the same movie in italian first,and then in english,so I can understand better the general sense.

Nessun commento: